Star escapes apartment blaze

 

Actress Joan Collins escaped a “terrifying” fire in her London apartment over the weekend.

 

 

The Golden Globe-winning actor was treated for smoke inhalation but otherwise escaped unscathed — thanks to her keen nose and quick-thinking husband, Percy Gibson, the rep said, according to the New York Post.

 

 

Dame Joan Collins has survived a “terrifying” fire in her London apartment. Picture: Tim P. Whitby/Tim Whitby/Getty Images

 

Dame Joan Collins has survived a “terrifying” fire in her London apartment. Picture: Tim P. Whitby/Tim Whitby/Getty ImagesSource:Getty Images

 

 

“They were both in the apartment. Joan smelt some smoke, and Percy went out to investigate. They discovered that the guest suite was on fire,” her rep told People magazine.

 

“Percy had two of those fire extinguishers in the apartment, so he rushed in to start putting the fire out, and Joan called for the fire brigade to come. Percy really saved the day. He was the one who put the fire out and took control until the fire brigade arrived.”

 

 

Joan Collins and her husband Percy Gibson survived a fire that broke out in the guest room of their London apartment. Picture: Supplied

 

Joan Collins and her husband Percy Gibson survived a fire that broke out in the guest room of their London apartment. Picture: SuppliedSource:News Limited

 

 

Saturday’s incident left the Dynasty actor and her hubby “shaken up and distressed,” but they were doing better Sunday, the rep said.

 

The blaze erupted around 4.30pm local time, according to the BBC. It consumed much of the room, leaving behind charred and peeling walls, according to a video of the aftermath Collins, 85, posted to Instagram.

 

“The remains of the day,” she captioned the video.

 

It took about 10 firefighters around an hour to bring the conflagration under control, the BBC reported.

 

 

Collins took to Twitter to heap praise on first responders, thanking them from the bottom of her heart.

 

 

She also expressed gratitude to the ambulance crew for tending to her husband’s and her own smoke inhalation, and to the police who kept the street safe and closed off.

 

 

 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *